This is a basic archery class designed to teach adults the basics of shooting a bow. You will learn to shoot using Genesis bows that we provide, which are used in the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP), as well as a chance to shoot a recurve bow and a crossbow.
Please make sure to dress for the weather! It's always better to bring too much clothing than not enough.
The class will be hosted at the Cedar Hill Pavilion at the Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area. Directions to the pavilion are as follows:
- When you come in the main gate, there will be someone in the front booth. Tell them that you're here for the basic archery class and they will let you through.
- There are signs to help you get to the Cedar Hill pavilion, but just in case:
1. Take the main road past the main office (there will be a sign in front of it), past the tunnel of cedar trees and past the disc golf course parking lot (which will be on your left) and the old nature building (which will be on your right).
2. The road will take a sharp right. In a couple hundred yards, you'll see a road to your right with a sign that will say "Cedar Hill Pavilion" (along with some other names like "Pine Grove" and "Blue Hole") on it. Take that road!
3. Keep going all the way back until you reach the Cedar Hill Pavilion (you might think you're lost, but you're not, the road is just long). You will eventually see a sign that says "Cedar Hill" and a shelter right behind it. Drive up there!
If you have any issues, please call or text me if/when you get service. My number is 502-330-6305 if you need it.