Open under statewide regulations for all squirrel, furbearer and deer seasons.
On the Peninsula Unit, including Narrows, Goose and Grass islands, hunters shall not use a modern firearm to take game.
Rabbit & Quail: Nov. 1 - Dec. 31.
Turkey (Fall): On the Peninsula Unit, including Narrows, Goose and Grass Islands, hunters may use a muzzle-loading shotgun or crossbow during the fall firearm season and may use a crossbow during the fall archery season.
Turkey (Spring): On the Peninsula Unit, including Narrows, Goose Island and Grass Island, a person shall not use a breech-loading firearm to take a turkey.
• Hunters may use breech or muzzle-loading shotguns for waterfowl hunting along the Barren River Lake shoreline bordering the primitive weapons area known as the “Penninsula Unit.”
• A person shall not hunt sandhill cranes within 100 yards of the normal summer pool level of 552 feet in the following embayments: Beaver Creek, Skaggs Creek and Peters Creek.
Waterfowl Blind Restrictions
• Permanent blinds are not permitted;
• Decoys and temporary blinds must be removed from the WMA at the end of each hunting day;
• Hunt sites must be at least 200 yards from any other hunt site or waterfowl refuge area;
• No more than 4 persons shall occupy a single hunt site at any one time; and
• Designated recreation areas and access points are closed to all waterfowl hunting.
• Discharge of firearms is prohibited within 100 yards of a residence or occupied building whether or not the building is on the WMA.