Special regulations apply for hunting on Ballard WMA. For complete details, check out our hunting guide, or our website, fw.ky.gov. Ballard WMA is closed to unauthorized public access annually Oct. 15 - March 15. The area west of Hwy. 473 within the two-mile driving loop is closed to all hunting as marked by signs.
The 400-acre tract located south of SallieCrice/Terrell Landing Road is open under statewide regulations for all hunting and trapping seasons.
Hunting seasons on the Main Unit are as follows:
Squirrel: Open from the third Saturday in August through Oct. 14.
Rabbit & Quail: Closed.
Deer: Open under statewide archery and crossbow seasons through Oct.14 only, and the youth gun season.
Quota Hunt, either sex, two consecutive days starting on the first Saturday in November. Drawn quota hunters awarded one preference point for each female deer harvested, up to four. Scouting permitted through Oct. 14. Portions of the area are closed, as marked by signs, during quota hunt.Closed for the free youth weekend
Turkey: Closed during the fall firearm, crossbow or archery seasons. Open under statewide regulations during the spring season.
· $15 per hunter/per day fee for waterfowl hunting
· Duck, coot and merganser season is Dec. 7, 2019 - Jan. 31, 2020. Youth waterfowlseason is Feb. 1-2, 2020.
· Bag and possession limits are the same as statewide limits
· Hunting must cease, and hunters and equipmentmust be off the area by 2 p.m. CST
· Hunting by advance application or standby is available. Huntersmust apply online at fw.ky.gov. Application deadline is Sept.30.
· Onthe day of your hunt, check in begins at 4:30am CST and both drawn and standby hunters must have checked in by 5 a.m. CSTor forfeit your opportunity to hunt that day.
· No hunting is permitted on Mondays, Tuesdays, Christmas Eve,Christmas Day or New Year's Day.